Professor, Eötvös Loránd University Faculty of Education and Psychology, Institute of Education
Director of Institute of Education, Eötvös Loránd University Faculty of Education and Psychology
Educational and research interest
Anikó Fehérvári's research focuses on the study of social and educational inequalities and educational effectiveness, and the evaluation of educational programmes and measures aimed at educating underprivileged groups. In Master and doctoral training, she has developed and teaches several courses covering these topics.
Room number 410., 23-27 Kazinczy Street, Budapest, 1075, Hungary
Master's degree programme
MA in Education, responsible for the Research-Analyst specialization; responsible for and lecturer in educational sociology and research methodology courses
Doctoral (PhD) programme
Member of the Board of the Doctoral School of Education, Head of the Research Methodology Module, responsible for and lecturer in research methodology courses
In teacher in-service education
Responsible for and lecturer in research methodology and research and development courses
• 2018-2019. XXXIV. OTDK (National Scientific Students' Associations Conference) PEDAGOGICAL, PSYCHOLOGICAL, ANDRAGOLOGICAL AND LIBRARY SECTION - Consultant ["Who are we and who could we be?" Relationships between early school leaving and entry into the labour market. (2nd place]
Research project supervision of students in the Hungarian New Generation Excellence Programme (between 2017-2021: Borbála Károlyi, Master's student; Orsolya Enikő Bereczki, Eszter Bükki, Anikó Fekete, Mária Nikoletta Gulya, PhD students)
Head of the Research Group for Innovation and Equality in Education at ELTE Institute of Education.
The research group studies the pedagogical and educational context of society and education in an inter-and multidisciplinary approach. Anikó Fehérvári's research focuses on the study of social and educational inequalities. Her present research explores the topic of early school leaving and drop-out, examining teachers’ views and knowledge, analyzing educational effectiveness at different levels, and evaluating programmes that help disadvantaged groups (the János Arany Programme) to complete their education.
Collaborative Writing: literacy development for and by high school students from diverse sociocultural backgrounds with the support of the MTA's Public Education Development Research Grant
RIDEX (Extended Robotics Solutions for the Inclusive Development of Atypical and Typical Children) project, Erasmus+
For Educational Opportunities! Career guidance mentoring programme supported by the MTA's Public Education Development Research Grant
MoTeL (Models of Teacher Learning) – senior researcher
Fehérvári, A. (2023), "The role of teachers’ views and attitudes in the academic achievement of Roma students", Journal for Multicultural Education, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print.
Széll, K.; Károlyi, B.; Fehérvári, A. Learning Patterns at the Time of COVID-19-Induced School Closures. Soc. Sci. 2022, 11, 392.
Fehérvári, A. (2021). An education programme for the elimination of inequalities in Hungary. International Journal of Inclusive Education.
Fehérvári, A. & Varga, A. (2020). Resilience and inclusion. Evaluation of an educational support programme. Educational Studies.
Fehérvári, A. (2020). Dropping out in Hungary: Teachers’ perceptions. Sobodna Pedagogika (71)1 136-154.
Other professional activities
- member of European Educational Research Association (2012- )
- founding member and vice president (until 2017) of Hungarian Educational Research Association (HERA) (2012- )
- member of the Committee on Pedagogy of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences (2021- )
- member of the Sub-committee of Education Sociology of the Committee on Pedagogy of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences (2004- )
- member of the Editorial Board (1998-) and Editor-in-Chief of the journal EDUCATIO (2012- )
- member of the Editorial Board (2012-) and Editor-in-Chief, Hungarian Educational Research Journal (HERJ) (2019- )
- Editor-in-Chief of the ’Metszéspontok’ (Intersections) book series (2018- )
- member of the Editorial Board of the ‘Társadalom és Oktatás’ (Society and Education) book series (2012- )
- member of the Editorial Board of Pedagogia Oggi (2019- )
- Curator and professional advisor of Pro Talentis Civil Foundation, an organization supporting underprivileged children (2008-